Planning Your Trip
On The Island
Learning Your Way Around The Island
When you arrive to the island, we recommend stopping by the Visitors Center or visit the www.mackinacisland.org website.
Your Luggage & Transportation
Horse Drawn Carriage & Shuttle Service
With every ferry that pulls into the harbor there is a hotel shuttle that transports guests & luggage to the resort. This service is estimated at $7.00, per person, and cash is paid directly to the driver. For special requests please call Mackinac Island Carriage Tours Taxi at 906-847-3323. This service is not owned, or operated, by Mission Point Resort. The distance between the ferry dock & resort is less than 3⁄4 mile for those who wish to enjoy a leisurely stroll through downtown where shopping, dining & site seeing are flourishing. Luggage items will still be taken to the resort by the shuttle. Please note that the carriage changes horses between 12:30-2pm. There will be a delay in luggage delivery and shuttles will not be available.
- Horse Drawn Carriage Shuttle from ferry to hotel is available for estimated $7.00 / person cash.
- Mission Point Resort is only 3/4 mile from ferry dock if you enjoy the walk (take a right on the main street from the ferry dock)!
Luggage Transfer From Mainland to the Resort
- Upon arrival to the ferry dock, all vehicles and guests will be greeted by a Shepler’s dock porter
- Dock porters will unload all luggage items and tag them with a Mission Point Resort tag
- All luggage items will be loaded onto a cart and the guest will receive luggage claim tickets for all items
- Upon arrival to the island, the cart with luggage items will be taken to the resort by horse drawn carriage
- Guests will have the option to walk to the resort or take a horse drawn shuttle service. The distance is approximately 3⁄4 mile
- Be sure to pack a light carry on with items such as: umbrella, sunscreen and outer wear
- Upon arrival to the hotel, Guest Services will deliver your luggage to your guest room
- Mission Point’s Hotel Concierge can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (906) 847-3007
Getting to the Island
Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry
As a carrier for Mission Point, Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry will offer the guests of Optometric Education Consultants exceptional service. St. Ignace and Mackinaw City locations both offer parking for a nightly fee of $10.00 for off-site parking and $30.00 for dockside parking. Off-site parking is very convenient and operates much like airport transportation. The ferry ride is approximately 16 minutes. Please visit the Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry website for ferry schedule & plan your travel itinerary accordingly. You may also like Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry on Facebook to receive updates and further information.
- Parking your car: Mackinac Island is car free! Shepler’s Mackinac Ferry offers a nightly fee of $10.00 for off-site parking and $30.00 for dockside parking.
- View The Ferry Schedule HERE: On most days the ferry runs every 30 mins and the last ferry or the day is around 8pm. To view the day’s specific schedule, visit the website HERE.
Planning Your Flight
Pellston Regional Airport (PLN – Pellston, MI) – 17 miles / 17 minutes to Mackinac City ferry docks.
Mackinaw Shuttle – www.mackinawshuttle.com, 231-539-7005. Reservations required.